October 28, 2014

SEL Cooks || Skinny Muffins

If you are in search for the perfect guilt-free treat, then these muffins are for you! For a little over a week now, I have been very cautious about the food I am consuming (I am down 7 pounds I might add!) I have learned that you do not have to suffer while trying to eat healthy. There are many healthy sweets that can still be enjoyed. 

So, I went to the internet to find a little something sweet I could eat, without interfering with my healthy eating. I came across this skinny muffin recipe via Sally's Baking Addiction. I knew I had to give this recipe a try. The only change I made to this recipe was that I added white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. 

These muffins are practically fat-free and they are only 140 calories each.  

Ingredients

1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white, beaten
2/3 cup diced strawberries
1/3 cup mini white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F

Line muffin tin with liners, or spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix granulated sugar, light brown sugar and applesauce. By using a fork, it will help break up the brown sugar. Add the beaten egg until mixed. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. It is important to not over mix but to just incorporate until just combined. Fold in the strawberries and the white chocolate chips.

Distribute the batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. 

Please note: This recipe is not my own, but is re-published from Sally's Baking Addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...