November 18, 2014

SEL Bakes: Salted Caramel Apple Pie

I have always wanted to learn how to bake a pie from scratch. No buying the pre made pie crust from the store. However, I must say the thought of making a homemade pie kind of scared me. Why? Because, I CANNOT bake. It's true, I once burnt up a hand mixer but we won't go there.

Baking this pie was on my November to-do list (Found Here). My husband and I wanted to do a test run before we bake this pie for our family to serve at Thanksgiving. 

This pie is simply delicious. It is a salted caramel apple pie. I found this recipe from a food blogger, Sally's Baking Addiction (CLICK FOR RECIPE). The recipe includes directions on how to make your own pie crust, filling and salted caramel sauce. I love the addition of the salted caramel sauce. It compliments the apples so well. 

Our pie turned out perfectly. The process is long, but it is completely worth it. I cannot wait to serve this too our family for Thanksgiving. 

This recipe is not my own, it was created by Sally's Baking Addiction  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...